Sunday, February 12, 2012

Greed? Who says its bad?

  Since the Last post i have realized something about myself. The postings i had two years ago were so much cooler! I think its because i have matured a little? I don't know but i find it difficult now to be imaginative however i am always imaginative? i know doesn't make sense but in my head it does. But anyways It has been interesting trying to find something to write about this week cause nothing just got the fire goin in my brain. i can be frustrated about Wal Mart people and the "less fortunate" of our great country but nothin was really coming to me on that subject maybe a future posting is a brewing! Moving on though!This week i came across an interesting idea and thought process. I was sitting in my economics class and the discussion was on greed! I dont know why this topic got me going but i felt inclined to share my thoughts on the matter!


   GREED! AHHH!!! To be called greedy is nasty! you dont want to be known to be greedy right? When i think of greedy i think of Ebenizer Schrooge! Not sure if i spelt his name right but you get the picture, not a good thing to be called right? What if you were called ambitious? or successful? changes the meanings of things just a bit dont it! but most of you would say that those words would not even be part of the same knitting club as Greedy! I say it can be! Is Greed good? I say it can be! Of course you have Greedy people who get their riches through lying and stealing and they want more and more at the expense of others right? Well what about the men and women which have nothing and with nothing build an empire of wealth out of that same desire to have more and more? you can even say they get it at the expense of others people work! Are they the same? Of course not many would say cause they are business owners and entrepreneurs! Well why are these same business people reviled as greedy tyrants by the media and my economics class?

I would like to step up and take a stand for those men and women! I say they are greedy but they are a good greedy! and i would like to be know as greedy in comparison to them! I want wealth! who doesn't? I believe everyone is greedy! They want more and its a natural thing to want more for yourself! Greed to be self sufficient and to have enough for your needs and have enough to supply you with your wants! Its not a bad thing! Who gets off on saying its bad? Oh wait! yes Wal Mart people do! haha that made sense in my head but you are all like what? Moving along where do people get off calling these ambitious successful people tyrants? Would you call an artist who has a made a masterpiece a tyrant for not giving away their work of art for free? No because they made it with their own hands and their time and they deserve every ounce of credit! Why is it so different with the men and women who have built from nothing, wealth? Why should they give their money away? Doesn't make sense to me.

I call the people in this country who want all the rich to give everything they have to the poor Greedy! Bad Greedy that is! Im not saying you cant be charitable! Jesus asks us to love one another and serve our fellowman so it is a good thing to be charitable im not saying its not. What i am saying why make these men and women tyrants cause they have made for themselves a better life style out of hard work and dedication? I cant stand the protesters that want these men and women to give up their wealth and to be equals with the poor! I call them communists cause isn't that the goal of communism? They want a bigger piece of the pie which they haven't created! that to me is wrong!

Ok i wrote alot but let me just end with this paragraph. We live in a country of opportunity people! We have all the means to go out and make something of our self. If you want a bigger piece of the pie quit looking at it as pie! Confused? Let me help you out! when you take a piece of pie depending on the size of piece, it will leave less of the pie for the next person and eventually run out when all pieces are distributed. big or small. That isnt the way this country is set up and that isn't the way wealth is either! Quit looking at it as pie! You can create wealth for yourself! There is no limit to it! You can create as much wealth as you want! it is a buffet of pies! All you can eat! Quit calling these business people tyrants and thiefs! though some are! there are those that are greedy and hungry to improve their own lives and do it with ambition dedication and hard work. and by so doing create wealth for everyone through jobs and stimulating our economies. I applaud you men and women and hope to be just as greedy as you!

No comments:

Post a Comment